The Town of Herman (where Trinity is located) was mostly forest as late as the 1840s. In 1846 and 1847, settlers came to the area from Germany. It was recorded by Pastor Kitzerow that a Mr. Belitz, a former teacher in Germany, and a Mr. Erbe were the first to conduct services in the German language.
In the summer of 1849, Rev. C. August T. Selle of Chicago made an exploratory trip to the Sheboygan area where he mentions visiting Fond du Lac, Calumet and New Holstein. There is no mention of Town of Herman in Rev. Selle’s visitations. However, Rev. S. L. Dulitz of Milwaukee did conduct services in the Town of Herman in 1850.
In October 1851, Rev. Friedrich Lockner, pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church of Milwaukee, baptized several children during one of his mission trips to the areas northwest of Milwaukee.
In 1852, Mr. Henry Luecke worked to bring the Lutherans in the Town of Herman together in worship. There were twenty-three names on the charter at the end of the year.